From the left side navigation, click Sales to access the Sales Dashboard. The Sales Dashboard gives an overall summary view of sales.
Reporting information on this page is set as defaults.
Click 'Full Report' for more filtering options and to view the dedicated page for that report.
Here you will find:
- Sales at a Glance
- Print and Ebook sales
- Comparison of sales Year Over Year (example: compare March 2020 with March 2021), Year to Date, & Lifetime
- Your Bestselling Print Titles
- Your Bestselling Ebook Titles
- Sales by Subject
- Sales by Region
- Hover over countries to view sales
- Click Full Report to zoom in and for other filtering options
- Reader Insights
- This is a link to a market research report you can purchase to learn more about consumer data related to the genre of your book.
- Returns at a Glance
- While we will continue to show a summary of returned units as part of our compensation reporting, this new report will allow you to see your returned units without having to dig through compensation data.
IMPORTANT NOTE about the New Reporting and the Classic Reporting...
As part of our reporting redesign, we have completely overhauled how we report sales data to you. The sales data you are receiving in the new reporting is more up-to-date than ever before. Whereas the classic sales data was not reported to you until 24-48 hours after a distribution order was completely closed out of our system, your new sales data is updated within 24-48 hours after we receive the order from our retail partner. This means you see your sales happening closer to the date of transaction than ever before. However, please keep in mind that an order is not considered final until after it has been shipped. Retailers have the option to cancel orders prior to fulfillment, so these cancellations can cause fluctuations between your sales and compensation data.
Here's an example:
- We received a wholesale/distribution order for a book on January 1st (This sale is now available in the New Sales Reports and appeared in the reporting on January 1st)
- The order is printed and shipped to the retailer/bookseller on January 5th. (Retailer ship times may vary)
- The order is posted to our sales compensation reporting on January 7th (This sale is now visible on the Print Sales Report in the Classic Sales Reports)
- The Sales Compensation period is closed on February 1st (The compensation amount is now available in the New Unpaid Sales Compensation section of the Compensation Report)
If you have suggestions for improving this new reporting
please leave us a comment!
Click the FOLLOW button to be alerted to updates to this article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.