From the left side navigation, click Sales to access the Sales Dashboard. The Sales Dashboard gives an overall summary view of sales.
Reporting information on this page is set as default.
Click 'Full Report' for more filtering options and to view the dedicated page for that report.
Here you will find:
Sales at a Glance
- Print and Ebook sales
- Comparison of sales Year Over Year (example: compare March 2020 with March 2021), Year to Date, & Lifetime
- Your Bestselling Print Titles
- Your Bestselling Ebook Titles
- Sales by Subject
Sales by Region
- Hover over countries to view sales
- Click Full Report to zoom in and for other filtering options
- This is a link to a market research report you can purchase to learn more about consumer data related to the genre of your book.
Returns at a Glance
- While we will continue to show a summary of returned units as part of our compensation reporting, this new report will allow you to see your returned units without having to dig through compensation data.
Sales data is updated within 24-48 hours after we receive the order from a seller (bookstore, library, retailer, etc.). Please keep in mind that a wholesale distribution order is not considered final until after it has been shipped.
Sellers have the option to cancel orders prior to fulfillment, so these cancellations can cause fluctuations between sales and compensation data.
Here's an example:
- We received a wholesale/distribution order for a book on January 1st (This sale is listed in the Sales Reports and appeared in the reporting within 24-48 hours after January 1st)
- The order is printed and shipped to the retailer/bookseller on January 5th. (Retailer ship times may vary)
- The order is posted to the sales compensation report on January 7th
- The Sales Compensation period closed on February 1st (The compensation amount is now available in the Unpaid Sales Compensation section of the Compensation Report until it is paid and then it will appear in the Paid Compensation reporting)
If you have suggestions for improving this reporting
please leave us a comment!
Click the FOLLOW button to be alerted to updates to this article.