The Compensation Earnings and Payment Report details earnings and payments for print books sold through Ingram's Global Distribution network and for ebooks sold through CoreSource.
In the left-side navigation menu, click COMPENSATION to view your paid and unpaid compensation earnings reports.
In the compensation report image shown below, the "Most recent Payment" option was selected which shows compensation earnings from the last paid period.
A) Reporting of Paid Compensation earnings. The cards displayed show the amount of compensation paid for sales in each market.
B) Estimated Unpaid Compensation. This is the same information from the “Unpaid Invoices Due” report in the Classic reporting.
C) There is a summary line for returns listed on the paid compensation report. To view returned books, see the Returns at a Glance reporting.
D) You can download the report or create a customized report. Select the date range view or custom to create a customized report. Click HERE to learn more.
E) Click Show Title Detail to see a list of the titles, sales, and the amount of compensation paid or will be paid.
IMPORTANT NOTE about the New Reporting and the Classic Reporting...
As part of our reporting redesign, we have completely overhauled how we report sales data to you. The sales data you receive in the new reporting is more up-to-date than ever before. Whereas the classic sales data was not reported to you until 24-48 hours after a distribution order was closed entirely out of our system, your new sales data is usually updated within 24-48 hours after we receive the order from our retail partner.
If we receive the order toward the end of the work week, it may not be reported until Monday of the following week.
Please keep in mind that an order is not considered final until after it has been shipped. Retailers have the option to cancel orders prior to fulfillment, so these cancellations can cause fluctuations between your sales and compensation data.
Here's an example:
- We received a wholesale/distribution order for a book on January 1st (This sale is now available in the New Sales Reports and appeared in the reporting on January 1st)
- The order is printed and shipped to the retailer/bookseller on January 5th. (Retailer ship times may vary)
- The order is posted to our sales compensation reporting on January 7th (This sale is now visible on the Print Sales Report in the Classic Sales Reports)
- The Sales Compensation period is closed on February 1st (The compensation amount is now available in the New Unpaid Sales Compensation section of the Compensation Report)
- If we receive a wholesale/distribution order for a book towards the end of the month, it is possible the compensation earnings could appear the following month.
If you have suggestions for improving this new reporting
please leave us a comment!
Click the FOLLOW button to be alerted to updates to this article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.