fix file ebook epub conversion correction content files mac notepad apple
Before anything can be fixed in an EPUB file, the actual content files of the EPUB need to be accessed.
- If IngramSpark converted a print PDF to an EPUB file for you, click here for instructions.
- If you created the file yourself, then you can skip this section and move to the error you need to fix. More information can be found here.
- If you had a file built for you, either by a conversion house or application, below is a step-by-step guide for unpacking and repacking your EPUB.
Unpacking Your EPUB:
1. Change the file extension from .epub to .zip
2. Unzip the file using your preferred program
a. WinRar, 7---zip, etc.
b. Mac users can download the following applications for free and use
them for packing and unpacking EPUBs
Repacking your EPUB:
1. Put the mime-type file in a zip archive using no compression or “store”
2. Add the META---INF and OEBPS folders to the newly created .zip
3. Rename to .epub
Opening HTML, OPF, NCX, and XML files:
1. Right-click the file you want to edit
2. Go to the “Open With” menu option and select the text editor of your
a. Notepad++ is freeware for Windows machines and is designed for
b. TextWrangler is freeware for Apple machines and is designed for