Facebook Advertising requires an image and text.
Make sure your Facebook Ads can reach your target and improve your business by being the right size and format.
Facebook ads combine an image and text to capture the attention of your target market. Whether it’s a unique image you own or a book cover, make sure it adheres to the specifications below.
The Verified Reader Advertising Platform has access to your title catalog, so if you choose to advertise using your book's cover image, we've got it!
Facebook ad Checklist
Before you begin to set up your Facebook ad in the Verified Reader Advertising Platform, be sure you have all the needed items so that the setup is easy!
- The EAN(s)of the book(s) you are advertising.
- Select Audiences that are relevant to your product. See the list below.
- Primary Text(up to 125 characters)
- Image(if you are using your EAN cover, it will be available on the platform)
- Website/WebpageThe URL or the website or page where you are directing the customer when they ‘click’ on the ad. Note: Include the full URL, including the http://wwwor https://www.
- Headline(up to 40 characters)
- Description (up to 30 characters)
Facebook Recommended Ad Specifications
Design (Image) Recommendations
File Type: JPG or PNG
Ratio: 1.91:1 to 1:1
Resolution: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels
Color Format: RGB
NOTE: If using the title cover image in your Facebook ad, this is already stored in our database. So there is no need to upload the cover. It will be available to insert when you create the ad!
Primary Text: 125 characters
Headline: 40 characters
Description: 30 characters
Maximum File Size: 30MB
Minimum Width: 600 pixels
Minimum Height: 600 pixels
Aspect Ratio Tolerance: 3%
Audiences are subject to change without notice.
- Action & Adventure
- Autobiography, Biography, and Memoir
- Black & African American Fiction
- Crafts, Gardening, Hobby, & Home
- Gothic Fiction
- Hard-Boiled, Noir, & Private Investigators
- High, Epic, & Heroic Fantasy
- Historical Romance
- Literary Fiction
- Mystery & Detective
- Mystery, Crime, & Thriller
- Short Stories, Collections, & Anthologies
- Thrillers & Suspense
- US History
- World History
Restrictions on Advertisements
Facebook "Needs Attention"
The advertising platform will allow you to make needed edits to your Facebook ad when the status of the ad is "Needs Attention". You may make changes to the copy or images at this stage.
If the status is "Needs Attention", Facebook has rejected the ad in its current form. Review the copy and image to make sure that you have stayed within the Facebook guidelines for prohibited content here: https://www.facebook.com/policies_center/ads.
If you are unable to resolve the "Needs Attention" status, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Please provide information about the specific ad you are having an issue with and our team will work to assist you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.