When fonts are not embedded in the PDF created from Microsoft Word, this is usually due to a default setting that prevents common fonts from embedding. Below is a link to Microsoft support instructions on how to update this setting:
Before uploading the PDF, please check if the fonts are embedded.
- Open the PDF in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Professional.
- From the File… menu, select “Properties…”
- From the Document Properties dialog box, click on the “Fonts” tab.
- Each font should have the words “(Embedded Subset)” or “(Embedded)” next to the font name.
- If “(Embedded Subset)” or “(Embedded)” is not listed beside the font name, that font is not embedded and we will not be able to process your file.
Please sign in to leave a comment.