When fonts are not embedded in the PDF created from Microsoft Word, this is usually due to a default setting that prevents common fonts from embedding. Below is a link to Microsoft support instructions on how to update this setting:
Before uploading the PDF, please check if the fonts are embedded.
- Open the PDF in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Professional.
- From the File… menu, select “Properties…”
- From the Document Properties dialog box, click on the “Fonts” tab.
- Each font should have the words “(Embedded Subset)” or “(Embedded)” next to the font name.
- If “(Embedded Subset)” or “(Embedded)” is not listed beside the font name, that font is not embedded and we will not be able to process your file.