If you did not accept the new agreements and your account is in a suspended status, please contact support. email@example.com
IngramSpark’s global print-on-demand and ebook agreements have been combined into a single agreement: the Global Print and Ebook Agreement.
The Global Print and Ebook Agreement is required to do business with IngramSpark (regardless of whether you only upload print books and no ebooks or vice versa). The option for you to print personal copies or make either (or both!) formats available for distribution makes this agreement required for all authors and publishers using IngramSpark.
Anytime we offer a new agreement or contract for a new service or to update a prior agreement, you can access the agreement through the "New Opportunity Available!" button on the home page of your account. (Image below)
New IngramSpark Agreements FAQs
Q: I already have an IngramSpark account. Why do I need to sign the new agreements?
A: You are required to sign the new IngramSpark Global Print & Ebook agreement to continue using your IngramSpark account. If you originally accepted the Amazon Addendum and Apple (Agency) contracts, you will also need to accept these agreements again, to continue to offer your ebook titles to these retailers. If you never accepted the Amazon or Apple agreements, those new agreements will not be displayed for you to accept.
Q: How and why did the terms change?
A: New ebook channels have been added to the Global Print and Ebook Agreement to now include subscriptions, libraries, and more! This means your ebooks will be available in more places and in more ways, including lending services that haven’t previously been able to receive books from IngramSpark. The specifics of each of these new ebook channels are linked from within the new agreement and can also be accessed HERE.
- The new IngramSpark Global Print & Ebook agreement allows us to pay you 85% of the net revenue received by IngramSpark for every sale of your ebook(s) no matter who the retailer is.
- Effective 1/28/2021 new ebook channels will be added to your IngramSpark account to include subscriptions, libraries, and more!
Q: Can I opt out of some of these new ebook sales models?
A: All ebooks being sold through IngramSpark will automatically be available for sale in each of these sales models through the retailers listed HERE. It is our goal to deliver your content to every possible retailer to provide your titles with the greatest exposure possible.
Q: I don’t have books in my account yet. Do I still need to sign the new agreement?
A: Yes. Your signature is required to continue using your IngramSpark account once you have books to upload.
Q: I only publish print books and no ebooks (or vice versa). Do I still need to sign the new agreement?
A: Yes. While both Print and Ebook services are included as part of our Global POD and Ebook Agreement, signing this agreement does not require you to participate in either program. Our Global POD and Ebook Agreement will allow you to sell your Print and/or Ebooks through many Print and Ebook channels available here.
Distribution Restrictions/Exclusivity – Ebook Only
- Your ebook distribution is only restricted to the ebook titles you upload to your IngramSpark account. For these titles only, IngramSpark must be the sole distributor for the retailers listed here: https://myaccount.ingramspark.com/Ebook SalesModels. If you have signed our Amazon agreement, IngramSpark will become your sole distributor to Amazon for that title as well. If you have signed the Apple agreement, IngramSpark will become your sole distributor to Apple for that title only if you have entered pricing into the Agency pricing fields when setting up your pricing for your title. You may continue to distribute other ebook titles elsewhere, so long as you do not set up those same titles within your IngramSpark account.
- Our Optional Amazon agreement: If you have provided any ebook titles to Amazon over the last 12 months you cannot opt into the Amazon agreement for IngramSpark. However, you can opt-in later once you have waited at least 12 months after uploading titles to Kindle.
- IngramSpark offers you, two print models:
- Direct Distribution – Direct Distribution allows you to order individual or multiple copies of your title after the initial title setup process is complete and you have approved the final eProof of your title. Via Direct Distribution through your IngramSpark account, you may place and ship orders for your book directly to you or to another mailing address. For Direct Distribution orders, you will only be charged for the print cost of the book + shipping and handling. You may elect to use our print facilities in the United States, the United Kingdom, or Australia. However, while you will be charged for the printing and shipping fees associated with that facility, IngramSpark reserves the right to print your direct orders from any of our print facilities worldwide.
- Wholesale Services/Distribution – If you enable your title for distribution through your IngramSpark account, we will make your titles available to retailers worldwide via our wholesale services. While signing the IngramSpark Global Print & Ebook Agreement makes our Wholesale Services/Distribution available to you, you will be allowed to opt-in/out of this program on both a title and available country level. This means you can choose to distribute your book(s) through our Wholesales Services worldwide, only in specific countries (determined by the pricing you enter at the time of title setup for available countries), or not at all. You may also choose to only set up your book(s) for our Direct Distribution services initially and then opt into our Wholesale Services/Distribution for that book(s) at a later date. While we allow you to determine the pricing for each title, we reserve the right to limit your title’s availability to certain territories at our discretion. Publisher compensation for sales through our Wholesale Services/Distribution is remitted to you ninety days after the end of the month in which the net sale was reported to IngramSpark.
- Global Connect – Our Global Connect program allows us to make your book(s) available in locations where an IngramSpark facility doesn’t currently exist via our partnerships with manufacturers in those markets. You can opt into the Global Connect program on a per-title basis, so you have full control of what book(s) you choose to make available through this program. We regularly add new locations to our Global Connect program to further the reach of your book(s) into as many markets as possible. All titles opted into the Global Connect program automatically qualify for distribution into all new and existing Global Connect markets.
HELP US HELP YOU!
If this article didn't answer your question, please share in the comments section below the problem you experienced or the help you were needing.