IngramSpark’s global print-on-demand and ebook agreements have been combined into a single agreement: the Global Print and Ebook Agreement.
The Global Print and Ebook Agreement is required to do business with IngramSpark (regardless of whether you only upload print books and no ebooks or vice versa). The option for you to print personal copies or make either (or both!) formats available for distribution makes this agreement required for all authors and publishers using IngramSpark.
- All IngramSpark users with an active account on or prior to 10/26/2020 are required to sign the new agreements before 1/28/2021. The new ebook sales model and terms will be effective for these accounts on 1/28/2021.
- All new accounts activated on 10/27/2020 and after, will accept the new agreements, and the new ebook compensation payment terms, described below, will be in effect for these accounts now. The new ebook sales model will be effective for these accounts on 1/28/2021.
New IngramSpark Agreements FAQs
Q: I already have an IngramSpark account. Why do I need to sign the new agreements?
A: You are required to sign the new IngramSpark Global Print & Ebook agreement to continue using your IngramSpark account. If you originally accepted the Amazon Addendum and Apple (Agency) contracts, you will also need to accept these agreements again, to continue to offer your ebook titles to these retailers. If you never accepted the Amazon or Apple agreements, those new agreements will not be displayed for you to accept.
Q: How and why did the terms change?
A: New ebook channels have been added to the Global Print and Ebook Agreement to now include subscriptions, libraries, and more! This means your ebooks will be available in more places and in more ways, including lending services who haven’t previously been able to receive books from IngramSpark. The specifics of each of these new ebook channels are linked from within the new agreement and can also be accessed HERE.
- The new IngramSpark Global Print & Ebook agreement allows us to pay you 85% of the net revenue received by IngramSpark for every sale of your ebook(s) no matter who the retailer is.
- Effective 1/28/2021 new ebook channels will be added to your IngramSpark account to include subscriptions, libraries, and more!
Q: Can I opt-out of some of these new ebook sales models?
A: All ebooks being sold through IngramSpark will automatically be available for sale in each of these sales models through the restailers listed HERE. It is our goal to deliver your content to every possible retailer to provide your titles with the greatest exposure possible.
DATES TO REMEMBER...
- New Accounts activated after 10/26 will automatically be paid the new terms (85% of net)
- Existing Accounts activated before 10/27 will automatically change to the new terms (85% of net) on 1/28/2021
- New Ebook Sales Models will go live for all IngramSpark accounts on 1/28/2021
If you would like to be alerted to any updates to the information in this article, please click the follow button. If you have any questions, please contact the IngramSpark support team.