Ingram’s Lightning Source takes a necessary stand to uphold the integrity of and reduce bias against independently published works. To align with our industry’s needs for content integrity, we will actively remove content from our catalog that does harm to buyers or the reputations of our publishers and retail and library partners.
We take violations of laws and proprietary rights very seriously. You must ensure that your content doesn’t violate laws or copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other rights and must comply with federal, state, and local laws. The below criteria describes the types of content that may not be accepted:
- Summaries, workbooks, abbreviations, or similar type content without permission from the original author.
- Content containing material amounts of blank pages like notepads, scratchpads, journals, or similar type content.
- Content that mirrors/mimics popular titles, including without limiting, similar covers, cover design, title, author names, or similar type content.
- Content that is misleading or likely to cause confusion by the buyer, including without limiting, inaccurate descriptions and cover art.
- Content listed at prices not reflective of the book’s literary value.
- Content scanned from original versions where all or parts contain illegible content to the detriment of the buyer.
- Content created using automated means or mass-produced processes.
- Content that is duplicated across titles in the same format in multiple trim sizes.
- Public domain content may be free to use by anyone or may be licensed for use by more than one party. We will not accept content that is freely available on the web unless you are the copyright owner of that content. We do accept public domain content but may choose not to sell a public domain book if its content is undifferentiated or barely differentiated from one or more other books.
- Content that promotes, incites, or glorifies hatred, violence, racial, sexual, or religious intolerance or promotes organizations with such views, including without limiting child abuse and exploitation.
We reserve the right to remove content that violates any of the guidelines listed above, with or without prior notice. Your account may also be subject to closure for multiple violations of these guidelines, including for reports of multiple infringement claims. Further, any fees paid for removed titles will not be refunded.
We are committed to supporting authors and publishers for the quality content they produce to provide our retail and library partners with trusted content and catalog feeds.