Groundwood eggshell paper is an alternative to the crème paper IngramSpark offers.
Groundwood paper is thicker and lighter weight. That means that pages per inch increase when you use groundwood. The outcome is a thicker book that weighs less.
- Groundwood Eggshell Paper is currently available only in the U.S. and U.K. print facilities.
- Books set up to print with Groundwood Eggshell Paper that are printed outside of the U.S. and the U.K. will be automatically converted to 50lb/74gsm crème paper (spine widths will be adjusted automatically to accommodate this)
- Australia: In the Australia print facility, books set up to print with groundwood eggshell paper will be printed on 50lb/74gsm creme paper
- Global Connect printer partners will print books that are set up with the groundwood eggshell paper option on 50lb/74gsm creme paper
- Groundwood Eggshell Paper is available in limited B&W trim sizes, in both paperback and hardcover formats. A list of book types and trim sizes is included below.
- Books printed with Groundwood Eggshell Paper are eligible for distribution.
- The print cost for Groundwood Eggshell Paper is the same as our current B&W 50lb/74gsm crème and 50lb/74gsm white paper print costs.
Groundwood Eggshell Paper specs are below:
- Weight = 38lb/56gsm
- PPI = 408
- Opacity = 94
- Brightness = 70