Not sure how to price your book? When setting up a book you would like sold through Ingram's Global Distribution Network, you will be required to set a list/retail price and a wholesale discount. Here are a few suggestions and guidelines to help you:
- Consider how much you want to earn for every book sold.
- Look at the retail price (not discounted price) of books similar to your book in size and content.
- Offer your book with a list price that is considered a fair and reasonable price for each market the book is being sold into, taking into account the nature and type of content of the book. Titles submitted with a list price greater than 250.00 (USD, GBP, AUD), will be reviewed by the Customer Support management team. If you believe your book is appropriately priced and exceeds 250.00 (USD, GBP, AUD) please contact Customer Support for assistance.
- You will be required to offer a wholesale discount between 30% and 55%, which is the discount the distribution partners receive in each market you provide pricing for. As an example, bookstores want to receive their normal trade discount when they buy from Ingram’s wholesale division, so, you would need to offer a 55% discount in order for that to happen. Also, Amazon and other online sellers receive information for so many titles that offering a higher discount may help your book stand out more than other books.
- Use the Publisher Compensation Calculator to help determine what you will earn for every book sold