Transfers within Lightning Source/IngramSpark
- The Title Transfer Addendum needs to be completed by the author or publisher receiving the title, ISBN and files into their IngramSpark account.
- We require written permission, by email, from the publisher who currently owns the title stating the title and ISBN can be released and transferred to the author's or publisher's account.
- The account receiving the transfer must be fully active, i.e., all account set up tasks listed on the Dashboard must be completed.
- All the sales and returns history for the ISBN will also transfer over to the new author or publishers' IngramSpark account if the same ISBN is used.
- The Title Transfer Addendum needs to be completed by the publisher receiving the title, ISBN and files into their IngramSpark account.
- If CreateSpace or KDP owns the ISBN or if it is CreateSpace or KDP exclusive, it cannot be transferred.
- If the author or publisher owns the ISBN, it can be transferred once Expanded Distribution is removed and CreateSpace or KDP confirms the transfer can be completed with IngramSpark support.
- If the title has never been in Expanded Distribution, it can be set up as a new title on the IngramSpark account without having to go through the title transfer process.
- The account receiving the transfer of the title, ISBN and files must be fully active, i.e., all account set up tasks listed on the Dashboard must be completed.
Transfer requests and the completed Title Transfer Addendum can be sent to email@example.com. You can find the Addendum attached below.
Title transfers can take up to 30 days to complete.
Once a title is transferred to the new author's or publisher’s IngramSpark account, the publisher will be responsible for the title moving forward. This includes invoices, returns, and compensation payments for sales through our global distribution network of retailers.
The new author or publisher of the transferred title will have the ability to update metadata, submit new files, and make alterations to the title.
IMPORTANT: If the same ISBN will be used and transferred, all of the title's history moves with it, including returns, if the book was returnable with the previous publisher. If the book was listed as returnable when transferred and the same ISBN is used, the new owner/publisher will receive returns, if there are any. If the return status is changed from returnable to non-returnable, returns will be allowed and accepted for 160 days. To avoid returns for a book that was listed as returnable with a prior publisher, it is best to obtain a new ISBN.