You will need two separate files – a high-resolution JPG file for the cover (used for display on retail partner’s websites) and an EPUB of the interior. Specifics for each are broken out below:
For display use on retail partners’ websites.
- File must contain front cover only. Full spread print book jackets that include spine and back cover will be rejected.
- Format: Must be a JPG File
- Size: 2560 pixels on longest side. Minimum 1600 pixels on the shortest side.
- Color:All front covers must be RGB.
- The content of the cover image must not infringe on another publisher’s or artist’s copyright on the same cover.
- Size: 100MB or less.
(Please note, while IngramSpark and retail sites can accept 100MB files, the IDPF Validator cannot check files over 10MB due to the amount of time it would take.)
Format: EPUB 3, reflowable.
- Fixed layout ePubs will only be available on Apple and Kobo, with the only exception being fixed layout children's ePubs as they will also be available on Barnes & Noble.
- No single image inside an EPUB can be greater than 3.2 million pixels. (Total pixels = length in pixels x width in pixels).
- Include an internal cover image
This should be formatted the same size of, and as part of your interior. (For use within the book content.)
- Be sure the metadata entered in IngramSpark matches the information on your cover.
For example, if the cover art and the book asset are for a book titled Paradiso, but the metadata is for Purgatorio, then the items do not match.
- There should not be any reference to page numbers in the book.
This includes the Table of Contents. Your e-book will never look just like your print book. E-readers are limited in the way they display content and your book will appear different from device to device.