With Ingram/Lightning Source's "one-off" digital print technology and print-on-demand services you can order 1 printed copy of your book or thousands of copies- order only what you need, when you need it and with a fast turnaround time!
Once your book is in production and available for printing, you are able to place orders for printed copies of your book(s) through your IngramSpark account. You'll pay the print cost, shipping & handling fees and taxes if applicable, for all orders you place.
Orders will not print if your title does not show a status of “Available for Printing/Download” on your Dashboard or on the All Titles page where all of your titles are listed.
If your files are in the review process or if your eproof has not been approved, orders will not print.
How to Submit an Order
Orders must be submitted by you through your IngramSpark account. IngramSpark support reps are unable to enter orders for you, but are happy to assist you with placing your order.
To begin creating an order to submit for printing, click on the Orders section of your IngramSpark account.
When you click Orders you will land on the Add Books To Order page, which is also located through the Place Order link and where you will see all of your titles listed.
Select the titles you would like to order by clicking the box to the far left of each title and then click the "Add Items to Order" button (see below).
You also have the option to select one of the other links (Pending, Submitted, Search, Address Books) listed below Orders. This information is provided further below, following the ordering instructions.
The following screen shot is of the order page with numbered descriptions listed below:
1. IngramSpark Order Number.
2. Default Return Address. This is the address the order will be returned to if it cannot be delivered to the shipping address provided for the order or if it is refused by the recipient. This address can be changed by clicking on the CHANGE button and selecting or adding a new return address for an order. Please do not use addresses for Ingram, IngramSpark or Lightning Source as your return address.
3. Default Shipping Address. This is the address the order will ship to. This address can be changed by clicking on the CHANGE button and selecting or adding a new shipping address for an order.
4. Print Location. You can select one of the following Lightning Source print locations from the drop-down menu for printing your order: US, UK, Australia. Not all Ingram/Lightning Source product offerings are available in all print locations. Click here to review the IngramSpark rate card for available products and pricing for each location.
5. Order Promotion Code. This is the field where you will enter a promo code if you have one to use for an order. Promo codes are case sensitive. Please make sure you do not have any blank spaces before or after the code.
6. How quickly would you like your order printed? Once an order is submitted for printing, the print turnaround time starts on the following business day. Example: You submit an order on Tuesday, it will be routed/sent to the print facility on Wednesday to begin printing. If an order is placed after 3:00 PM CST (U.S. time zone), it is considered the next day's order and will begin printing two business days later.
7. How quickly would you like your order to be delivered? Available shipping options will be displayed here for you to select from. The estimated delivery time is listed as business days. Please be sure to pay attention to the notification box located at the bottom of the order page (#10).
8. Ordered Quantity. 1 copy or unit will be automatically listed in the order quantity field. In this example, the carton quantity listed is 16 books. If you want to order 1 carton of books, you will enter the number of units listed in a carton, in this case, it would be 16 for the quantity.
8a. If the title was set up with a future on-sale date and you need to order books, the order field will be hilited in yellow and you will see the option to either override the on-sale date or hold the printing until the on-sale date.
9. Personalize It! Add a personalized message to the first page of the book for $1 per unit! Click here for more information.
10. Notification! Please be sure to review this important information about your order.
11. Clear Order. Click this button to delete all items in the order.
12. Add More Books. Click this button to be taken back to the Add Books To Order page where you can select your titles to be ordered and printed.
13. Update Order. If you make any changes to the order or before submitting the order for printing, click this button to see the updated print cost, shipping & handling fees, and taxes.
14. Submit Order. Click this button once you are ready to submit the order for printing.
If you need to delete a title from the order you can click the trash can icon to delete that line item from the order.
*It is important to note that non-trackable/non-insurable shipping options, such as basic do not generate tracking numbers and we are unable to track or insure orders with this shipping method.
*UPS does not deliver to PO Box addresses. If you select a UPS shipping option (Ground, 2nd Day, or Next Day) as your shipping service and the shipping address is a PO Box, the order may be shipped using USPS.
*There is a 10% GST charge for printing and a 10% GST charge for shipping for all orders in Australia.
*Shipments into Canada (and other countries) are subject to various fees, including import duties, GST, brokerage fees, and document preparation fees. For more information, click here.
The next step is to VERIFY and PAY for the order...
VERIFY the return address and shipping address are correct. Verify the books and quantities ordered to be printed are correct.
PAYMENT METHOD: Select your credit card from the drop-down menu and enter your security code or pay with another credit card by clicking on the Pay with a new card button and provide the credit card information.
PURCHASE ORDER NUMBER: You can provide a purchase order number for the order, for your records. This would be a number you create and provide.
EMAIL ADDRESS: Provide your email address to receive a notification email when your order ships.
Once the order is complete, click on the I Accept button, located in the far right bottom corner. This submits your order for processing and printing. This order will now appear in the Submitted section of Orders.
Orders will only be processed once you have approved the title for production. Eproofs for titles must be approved before the order will print.
PLACE ORDER: This is where you select titles to order for printing.
PENDING: Orders you have created but have not submitted for printing. If you want to remove an order from the list, click the trash can icon located to the far right and it will be deleted. If you would like to submit the order for printing, click on the order number and complete submission.
SUBMITTED: A list of orders you placed and submitted for printing. Information includes order number (starts with SPK-), date and time the order was placed and the email address. Click on the order number to view the order details.
SEARCH: Search for an order using the search options listed in the drop-down menu. If you would like to see ALL print orders, including orders printed by a third party/offset, leave the search criteria field blank and the search will return all orders. To the far right you will see a square black button with a white + inside. Clicking this will allow you to add conditions so you can "drill down" even further into your search.
ADDRESS BOOK: This is where you will enter and save all of the shipping addresses for print orders you place. This is also where your return address is stored and can be updated.
How do I calculate the cost of an order?
Besides creating an order on your IngramSpark account, you can obtain a print and shipping estimate by using our Print and Shipping Calculator. You can access our calculator at the link below or in the Help section of your account:
How do I know when I will receive my order?
How quickly you receive your order will depend on the printing and shipping methods chosen when your order was placed. Orders begin the printing process the following business day after the order is placed, and printing time is calculated in business days. If an order is placed after 3:00 PM CST (U.S. time zone), it is considered the next day's order and will begin printing two business days later.
You will also need to calculate and add the shipping time to determine when you may receive your order. Shipping is calculated in business days, and delivery turn-around-time varies depending on where an order is printed. As an example, there are 4 printing facilities in the United States and once an order ships, it can usually take 1-6 business days for an order to be delivered with the UPS Ground shipping option.
*Basic shipping methods are non-trackable/non-insurable and when one of these options is selected for shipping an order, we are unable to determine where the order is once it leaves our print facility. If an order shipped with basic shipping and is damaged or lost, we are unable to issue replacements or a credit. It is up to you to decide if the financial risk is worth selecting a basic shipping method for an order you place.
Where will my order print?
We have 4 print facilities in the United States, 1 in the United Kingdom, and 1 in Australia.
For orders printed in the US, we make every effort to manufacture each order at the most efficient location based on geography, capacity, and capability. There are many variables that influence where a specific order will be manufactured (equipment, weather, logistics, volume, capacity, site capability, etc). Based on these factors, an order may print at any of the 4 facilities and the location could change from order-to-order.
How do I check the status of my order?
In the Order section click on the link for Submitted. Click on the order number to view the order. The order screen will show the status of your order (example further below):
- Pending – These are orders that have been submitted but are not scheduled to begin the printing process. This status is commonly seen when the eproof has not been approved. If your title is not in production, orders will not print. Please check the status of your title in your library.
- Submitted – This means that the order has recently been submitted, but it has not routed to a print facility yet.
- Print Ready – The order is ready to begin the printing process.
- Printing – The order was routed to a print facility, and it is in the printing process.
- Shipped – This means that the order has shipped and is out for delivery.
In the U.S., sometimes a print order is split and sent to different print locations. When this happens, one part of the order may ship at a different time than the other. See order status and print location columns in the example below. You can view this information for an order through the Submitted section of Orders:
How do I cancel an order?
Orders can be canceled on your IngramSpark account within the first 30 minutes after the order is placed. There will be a blue "Cancel" button beside the order number on the Submitted page. If it's been longer than 30 minutes, please contact customer support to see if your order can be canceled.
Do I receive any discounts?
IngramSpark offers a volume discount off the print cost for orders of 750+ copies per title/ISBN/SKU, of many, but not all product types, printed in the United States only. You can find the discounted print cost by using the print and shipping calculator in the Help section of your IngramSpark account or by placing an order, which you can delete instead of submitting for printing. When placing an order be sure to click the Update Order button to determine the discounted print cost as well as other fees. Or, you can contact an IngramSpark customer support team member to help you find the print and shipping costs for an order.
If you believe there is an issue with your order, please let us know. You may see more information in our Order Claims article here.
Can I pick up my order at a print facility?
For safety reasons, we do not allow customers to pick up their orders.
What packing materials do you use?
Publisher orders are shipped in unbranded, brown, Kraft, single-walled corrugated cartons having a minimum corrugating test weight of 275 pounds. All cartons and boxes are unbranded.
• Carton size and shape is closely matched with each order to minimize packaging materials usage and ensure sturdy packaging, thereby minimizing transit damage.
• IngramSpark determines the size specific carton by the number of books in the shipment and the size of the individual books.
• Our vendors have approved the way we pack our cartons with craft paper on two sides of the box.