One of the greatest benefits of using print-on-demand services is that when you place an order, you have the option of ordering as many or as few books as you like. Whether you want one book or thousands of books, Ingram is able to fulfill your order.
Once your book is in production and available for printing, you are able to place orders on your IngramSpark account. One of the most important things to remember is that orders will not print if your title does not show an “Available for Printing/Download” status on your Dashboard. If your files are in the review process, or if your eproof has not been approved, orders will not print.
How to Submit an Order
Orders must be submitted by the publishers on their Spark account. We are unable to take orders over the phone, but we are happy to help assist publishers place orders through their accounts.
To submit an order, click on the Orders section of your Spark account.
The next page will show any orders that have not yet been submitted for processing. You may delete these orders by clicking on the trash can on the right of the order, or you may click on the order number to finish and submit the order. If you wish to continue to submit your order instead then click on the order number and complete submission.
Click on Create New Order on the left-hand side of the page to create a new order.
If you click on Create New Order, you will be asked to select which book(s) you would like to order. Click on the gray square under the word Select, and then click on the yellow Add Items To Order button.
The next page you will see is the Order Details page.
- There is a Return To and Ship To address listed. If you would like to update the address, click on the blue Change button to submit and save the new address.
- You will also see a drop-down menu with our different printing locations. You may select a different printing location if you would like, although not all printing locations are available for every order. Some Ship To addresses will require orders to be printed at certain facilities. Also, not all facilities are currently capable of printing all of the binding and interior types that Spark offers.
- If you have a promotion code, you may enter it on this page.
- There are different printing levels, and turn-around-times vary based on the binding type and interior type. Also, turn-around-times are estimates based on item type and facility volume.
- Different shipping options are also available and may vary based on the printing location and Ship To address.
*It is important to note that non-trackable/non-insurable shipping options do not generate tracking numbers, and we are unable to track or insure orders with this shipping method.
*UPS does not deliver to PO Box addresses. If you select a UPS shipping option (Ground, 2nd Day, or Next Day) as your shipping service and the shipping address is a PO Box, the order may be shipped using USPS.
*There is a 10% GST charge for printing and a 10% GST charge for shipping for all orders in Australia.
*Shipments into Canada are subject to various fees, including import duties, GST, brokerage fees, and document preparation fees. For more information, click here.
- Once you select your printing and shipping service, you are able to update the number of books you want to order. The default ordered quantity is one, so if you would like to order more than one book, you will need to update the ordered quantity amount and then click on Update Order.
- You may also see Carton Quantity on the order screen. This refers to the number of books that fit in one box.
- Once your order is updated and everything is correct, click update order then click on Submit Order.
- The next page will ask you for payment information. You will need to select your credit card from the drop-down menu and enter your security code, or you may enter a new credit card.
- The Purchase Order Number is your own number that you may apply to the order.
- You may enter your email address to receive a confirmation email when your order ships.
- Once everything is complete, click on the yellow I Accept button. This submits your order for processing, and your order will appear on the Previously Submitted Orders page.
How do I calculate the cost of an order?
Besides creating a mock order on your account, you have the option to use our Print and Shipping Calculator. You can access our calculator at the link below:
How do I know when I will receive my order?
How quickly you receive your order will depend on the printing and shipping methods chosen when your order was placed. Orders typically begin the printing process the following business day after the order is placed, and printing time is calculated in business days. If an order is placed after 3:00 PM CT, it is considered the next day's order and will print two days later.
You will also need to add the shipping time to determine when you will receive your order. Shipping is calculated in business days, and shipping turn-around-time varies depending on where an order is printed. There are four printing facilities in the United States, and it typically takes 1-5 business days in shipping time for an order to be delivered with UPS Ground.
*Basic shipping methods are non-trackable/non-insurable, and Ingram is unable to determine where an order is once it leaves our print facility. Orders are also not insurable. If an order is damaged or missing, we are unable to issue replacements or a credit.
Where will my order print?
We have four print facilities in the United States, one in the United Kingdom, and one in Australia.
For orders printed in the US, we make every effort to manufacture each order at the most efficient location based on geography, capacity, and capability. There are many variables that influence where a specific order will be manufactured (equipment, weather, logistics, volume, capacity, site capability, etc). Based on these factors, a customer’s order may print at any of the four facilities and the location could change from order-to-order.
How do I check the status of my order?
Your order screen will show the status of your order.
- Pending – The order has been submitted but is not scheduled to begin the printing process. This status is commonly seen when the eproof is not approved. If your title is not in production, orders will not print. Please check the status of your title in your library.
- Submitted – This means that the order has recently been submitted, but it has not routed to a print facility yet.
- Print Ready – The order is ready to begin the printing process.
- Printing – The order was routed to a print facility, and it is in the printing process.
- Shipped – This means that the order has shipped and is out for delivery.
How do I cancel an order?
Orders can be canceled on your IngramSpark account within the first 30 minutes after the order is placed. There will be a blue "Cancel" button beside the order number on the Submitted Orders page. If it's been longer than 30 minutes, please contact customer support to see if your order can be canceled.
Do I receive any discounts?
We offer a volume discount for orders of 750+ units. Please speak with your IngramSpark customer support team to see what discount is available for your volume order.
If you believe there is an issue with your order, please let us know. You may see more information in our Order Claims article here.
Can I pick up my order at a print facility?
For safety reasons, we do not allow customers to pick up their orders.
What packing materials do you use?
Publisher orders are shipped in unbranded, brown, Kraft, single-walled corrugated cartons having a minimum corrugating test weight of 275 pounds. All cartons and boxes are unbranded.
• Carton size and shape is closely matched with each order to minimize packaging materials usage and ensure sturdy packaging, thereby minimizing transit damage.
• IngramSpark determines the size specific carton by the number of books in the shipment and the size of the individual books.
• Our vendors have approved the way we pack our cartons with kraft paper on two sides of the box.