With the Global Connect Program (GCP), Ingram/Lightning Source (LS) entered into an agreement with trusted and vetted printers in international markets, not currently served directly by Ingram/LS, to provide print and distribution services in those markets. Bookstores and retailers in those markets can purchase your book from the trusted printer in their country, saving them overseas shipping fees and providing a quicker turnaround time for them to receive the product. No inventory, shipping, currency headaches, or import/export issues to be concerned about. All sales are non-returnable through Global Connect.
By entering a U.S. retail price and wholesale discount for each title, Ingram will make your titles available in each current GCP Market and any additional GCP Markets as they become available. Providing Pricing in the Global Connect Program will serve as your permission to distribute the title in all GCP markets.
The current GCP markets are Brazil, China, Germany, Italy, India, Poland, Russia, South Korea, and Spain.
You can add pricing in one market and it is automatically calculated for the other markets (US and UK pricing were entered in the examples below)
You will need to add the wholesale discount and returns option you want to offer in each market. Once that is done you will see the correct amount of compensation calculated to the right, in that market's currency. If you want to see what that amount calculates to in your currency, you can enter the amount into a currency converter calculator, such as www.xe.com
Dropship orders are not available through these printers. They only fulfill bookstore and retail orders in their market.
Benefits of Using Global Connect
• Eliminate shipping cost
• Eliminate the guesswork of determining how much inventory to print and ship
• Allows a publisher to add titles they may have been unwilling to offer to the market due to low or unknown sales potential
• Never miss a sale in the market
• Make titles available without dealing with the local printer, unsecure file distribution, or currency exchange
• Possible frontlist solution into foreign language markets
You can watch a video with more information about Global Connect here.
What currency am I paid in? All payments to the publisher are calculated in US$ and paid in the currency the publisher normally receives. The payment currencies supported today are USD, GBP, AUD, EUR, and CAD.
Who sets the price in the local market? The publisher provides a price they will be paid for each book in US$ and the printer partner will convert this to their currency, add margin and print cost, and then determine the price to sell the book in their market and in their currency.
Are the books returnable? No, all sales are non-returnable through the Global Connect Program.
How often do I receive reporting? We provide sales reports for GCP sales monthly within the existing US POD publisher comp statements. You can also generate reports from your IngramSpark account. This can be found under Reports, Print sales reports. Select the option for the Global Connect/Espresso report. If viewing online, be sure to deselect the option for POD.
Can I remove pricing from a GCP market? No, participation in the GCP requires you to offer pricing in all GCP markets.
- Print partner: Meta Brasil
- Online Connectivity: www.Amazon.com.br; www.Submarino.com.br; www.EstanteVirtual.com.br
- Print partner: CNPIEC
- Physical Connectivity: CNPIEC library catalog
- Online Connectivity: www.Amazon.CNS
- Print Partner: Books on Demand
- Physical Connectivity: Libri (owners of BOD)
- Online Connectivity: www.libri.de
- Print partner: Repro Knowledgecast
- Online Connectivity: www.Amazon.in; www.Flipkart.in; www.Snapdeal.in; www.Paytm.in; www.Infibeam.com; www.Rediff.com; www.shopclues.com
- Print partner: Rotomail
- Physical Connectivity: Lampi di Stampa (Messeggerie Italiane); Rizzoli RCS; Messeggerie Internazionale; Mondadori
- Print partner: Azymut
- Physical Connectivity: PWN Bookstores
- Online Connectivity: www.empik.com; www.Krainaksiazek.pl; www.Gigant.pl; www.Czytam.pl
- Print Partner: KSI
- Online Connectivity: www.Yes24.com; www.Aladdin.co.kr; www.Kyobo.co.kr; www.Interpark.com
- Print partner: Podiprint
- Physical Connectivity: CEGAL (Spanish Confederation of Guilds and Associations of Booksellers)
- Online Connectivity: www.casadellibro.com; www.carrefour.com.es; www.Buscalibre.es; www.Amazon.es; www.Fnac.es; www.elcorteingles.es