You can change your publishing company name or add an imprint of a publishing company name to your IngramSpark account with these easy-to-follow instructions.
We can't advise you about a publishing company name to use, however, if you don't have a business name and are self-publishing, you can use your name as the publisher.
How do I change the company name on my IngramSpark account?
- Log in to your IngramSpark account.
- In the top right corner, click on the drop-down arrow and then click on Account Information. This will take you to the screen where you can make changes to your account information.
- Click on the Edit Account Information button. This takes you to the screen where you can make changes to all of your account information.
- Update the publishing company name.
- Click Save when completed.
- You will be prompted to re-sign the 4 agreements (since the company name changed)
- You will also be prompted to verify the W9 on file is correct or make changes.
Doing this will change the publishing company name for any books you have in your IngramSpark account. However, some distribution partners may not update the publishing company name for those books on their website. If this happens, contact support for help.
Updates to account information may need to be reviewed by our Finance team before the changes are in effect.
What is an Imprint? An imprint of a publisher is a trading name under which it publishes a book. A single publishing company may have multiple imprints, often using the different names as brands to market works to various demographic consumer segments. Authors not wanting to use their name as the publisher in the marketplace can have an imprint added so their work is listed with the imprint name as the publisher's name.
However, Barnes and Noble will usually use the business name of the account and not the imprint name.
Adding an imprint will not change the name of your IngramSpark account. However, in the marketplace, the imprint you select should show as the name of the publisher for the book. If your book is already in distribution and you want the new imprint to show as the publisher, log in to your account and edit the imprint information for the book. Some distribution partners may not update the publishing company name for those books on their website. If this happens, contact support for help.
How do I add an Imprint so a different publishing company name appears for my book?
You can request an imprint be added to your account in the following ways:
- During the title setup process, in the CATEGORIZE YOUR TITLE section you can add as many new imprints as you like. All of the imprints will be available for you to select from any time you add a new title.
- Email the Support team and request the imprint(s) be added to your account
- Send the request through the online chat on your IngramSpark account
Please be sure to include your account number and name. Please allow up to 48 hours for the imprint to be added.
To add an imprint, you must have an active IngramSpark account, so you will need to complete all steps in the account setup process.