If you are claiming an exemption based on being an exempt entity, you will need to provide IngramSpark with the documentation issued to you by the state(s) claiming your exemption. Unlike the Foreign / Home State rules applicable to resale exemption, tax exemption based on being an exempt entity will not typically exempt you from sales tax in other states. Most states require an exempt organization to register in the state before an organization can claim a sales tax exemption. Documentation required for sales tax exemption based on entity status varies by state. If you are an exempt entity, Lightning Source will review your submitted documentation and notify you if it is not accepted for tax exemption. For questions regarding tax exemption please send an email to email@example.com.
Articles in this section
- What Should be Entered in the Declared Unit Value Field?
- Where does the Declared Unit Value appear when placing an order?
- What is the Declared Unit Value?
- What Do I Need To Send IngramSpark To Be Exempt From Paying Sales Tax?
- Sales Tax Information
- Adult Coloring Books UK and EU Restrictions
- What if I am Claiming an Exemption Based on My Entity Status (Governmental, Educational, Charitable, or Nonprofit Organization)?
- I’m Not in the US. Is this Applicable to Me?
- Can I Get a Refund for Any Taxes Paid Before I Submit My Certificate?