Adult Coloring Books UK and EU Restrictions

We have been advised Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs in the United Kingdom has determined that UK sales tax (referred to as VAT) must now be charged on coloring books that are intended for adult use only. In the UK and Europe, if the word adult is in the coloring book title or the subject category, they are considered stationary. We are not set up to collect VAT tax for stationary and for this reason, we removed all adult coloring book titles from POD distribution in the UK and Europe.

Further information on the current HMRC VAT rules for printed books can be found at

These changes do not apply to sales tax rules in the US or those outside of the United Kingdom and European Union.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.

Contact Us

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Submit a request